There are multiple ways to install a dart on your system. You can install Dart on Windows, Mac, and Linux or run it from the browser.
- Dart SDK,
- VS Code or Editors like Intellij [You will use VS Code here].
How To Install Dart On Windows?
Follow the below instructions to install a dart on the windows operating system.
- Download Dart SDK from here.
- Copy dart-sdk folder to your C drive.
- Add C:\dart-sdk\bin to your environment variable. Watch the video below to be more clear.
- Open the command prompt and type dart –version to check it.
- Install VS Code and Add Dart Extension.
Install Dart On Windows [Video]
Note: Dart SDK provides the tools to compile and run dart program.
How To Install Dart On MAC?
- Install Homebrew From here.
brew tap dart-lang/dartin the terminal.
brew install dartthe in terminal.
- If you have any issues installing the dart, watch the video below.
Homebrew Install Command
Copy and paste this command on your terminal to install Homebrew.
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)"
To set the homebrew path, copy and paste this command on your terminal.
Install Dart On MAC [Video]
Verify If Dart Is Installed Or Not
Open your command prompt and type dart –version. The dart is successfully installed on your system if it gives you a version code. If not, watch the video above.
Some Useful Commands
|dart –help||Show all available commands.|
|dart filename.dart||Run the dart file.|
|dart create||Create dart project.|
|dart fix||Update dart project to new syntax.|
|dart compile exe bin/dart.dart||Compile dart code.|
Run Dart On Web
You can run the dart program on your browser without installing any software. Dartpad is a web tool to write and run your dart code.
Install Dart Official Link
Can You Learn Dart From Mobile?
Yes, you can use DartPad to run simple dart programs from your phone without installing any software. For bigger projects, using DartPad is not recommended.